Figbytes develops and distributes a software as a service (SaaS or cloud-based) platform that allows customers to quantify their sustainability impacts and embed social and environmental metrics into their financial reporting, strategy, brand and performance. We also offer a range of services in support of our Sustainability Data Management platform, including implementation and consulting services that involve developing sustainability, corporate social responsibility (CSR) or operational excellence strategies for our customers.
The Software Development Manager is crucial to the success and the productivity of the development team. A successful Development Manager will ensure that teams are working effectively to deliver high quality software at a predictable cadence, while developing the individuals to their full potential. You are passionate about high performance and as you grow in this role, you continue to keep up-to-date and innovate with the latest in web, mobile and software technologies. You continuously learn the best practice to manage teams to high performance. You take pride not just getting things done but getting them done well.
- Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Be responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects.
- Setup, streamline and enable effective processes. Implement best practices in the DevOps and delivery of software.
- Create reliable plans. Work with the team to estimate work, assess risk and provide effective delivery plans.
- Assess new technologies and determine how to utilize them to improve product lines.
- Drive a culture of high quality and innovation by collaborating with Architects, Product Managers and, ESG functional experts.
- Manage, develop, and grow geographically displaced development teams across different time zones.
- Work with CX team on preparing a feature document for an upcoming project.
- Work with product manager and BA to scope out and plan feature releases.
- Work with the developers on your team to break down a features/bugs into deliverable chunks of work and prioritizing them based on product road map.
- Provide great feedback on code reviews, architecture documents, and more to support team members in making technical decisions.
- Be on top of system design and architecture to ensure quality and scalability.
- Manage release pipeline and software deliverables across the platform.
- 10 + years of relevant work experience.
- Hands on experience building software full stack software preferably MS .NET technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field from premier university.
- Experience programming in two of the following languages: C++, SQL, Python, Java
- 5 years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience managing teams of 8 or more developers.
- Proven experience of successfully managing and leading Agile development teams.
- Deep understanding of software engineering best practices including DevOps.
- Demonstrated success in people leadership in software development, particularly with large scale SaaS products.
- Diverse base of knowledge that allows you to help your team solve complex technical problems.
- Demonstrated ability to setup up best in class software development, QA and delivery processes in a fast-paced environment. You are equally energized by both your own technical work as well as contributing to the technical growth of your team.
- You believe in providing honest, actionable feedback to your team, and encourage your team to reciprocate.
- You devise roadmaps and plan to deliver quality software but can easily adapt to a constantly changing world.
FigBytes is an equal opportunity employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.